- Posted by First Choice Health
- On March 25, 2020
To our valued patients,
This is a time of uncertainty for all of us and we would like to take the opportunity to wish you good health and also reassure you that we are available for consultations and that we have taken the utmost care to ensure your safety.
Following the Prime Ministerial speech on lockdown measures, this morning the Federal Minister for Health, The Hon Greg Hunt has confirmed that ALL allied health businesses can continue working and are encouraged to do so. He has also added, to quote, “face to face services for many remain vital so where possible, we encourage you to continue”.
It is an ever-changing environment currently, so rest assured that our partner group has been meeting daily to monitor the COVID-19 situation and adapt our responses as new information becomes available. It is important for us to keep you informed and we would like to take this opportunity to provide you with an update of these policies and activities as outlined below:
- Please follow the rules for isolation should you have recently returned from overseas or come into contact with someone suspected of carrying the virus. If you are suffering any upper respiratory symptoms, please do not attend the practice for your appointment. Call reception to clarify if you are unsure, or follow the link to the government advice: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-self-assessment
- We have provided hand sanitiser dispensers for patient use on entry and in the waiting areas. All machinery and room equipment is wiped down after use, and our linen is laundered accordingly. We are currently taking every step possible to ensure we can maintain this practice.
- We will be implementing temperature checks prior to appointments, and patients are kindly asked to remain in their vehicles for the physiotherapist to call you inside. This will assist with social isolation from other patients and our staff.
- Whilst not necessary, you may wish to bring in your own towel to your appointment or wear clothing that can be rolled up as needed, for extra peace of mind.
- Practitioners can wear gloves, or provide a low/no physical contact consultation, should this be your preference. We are now also offering a “Tele-Health” service. Much of the time, we can provide exercise and advice to help with the ongoing management of your condition.
We recognise that this is a community effort to minimise the spread and protect the most vulnerable in our community. We are committed to providing our service, based on the health advice of the government and this will require us to keep up to date with the changing landscape.
Please follow us on social media for more updates, or call reception should you have any questions we may be able to answer.
First Choice Health Team