First Choice Physiotherapy provides leading physio, massage, rehabilitation and pilates services to the local community in Nunawading, as well as local hospitals and sporting clubs in surrounding suburbs.
We are conveniently located at 537 Springvale Road in Vermont South, just a short drive from Nunawading, with appointments available Monday to Saturday.
Our Physiotherapists are experts in:
- Accurately diagnosing the source of your pain and problem.
- Musculoskeletal conditions affecting your: back and neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, ankle or foot.
- Muscle and joint sprains.
- Gym supervision/ training – strength and cardio.
- Individual Pilates.
- Treatment of vertigo and dizziness.
- Fall prevention programs.
- Dry Needling.
- Pre and Post operative management – (knees, ankles, hips, shoulders – arthroscopes and joint replacements).
- Post fracture management.
- Sports injuries – (ligaments and muscle strains).
- Motor vehicle accidents (including whiplash).
- Work related injuries (work cover).
- Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) patients.
- Repetitive injuries (e.g. tennis elbow).
- Joint instability.
The following are common treatment methods physiotherapists may use:
- exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles
- joint manipulation and mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
- muscle re-education to improve control
- airway clearance techniques and breathing exercises
- soft tissue mobilisation (massage)
- assistance with use of aids, splints, crutches, walking sticks and wheelchairs.