First Choice Physiotherapy provides leading physiotherapy, massage, rehabilitation and pilates services to Canterbury and surrounding suburbs.
Our Canterbury Physiotherapists are specialists in:
- Accurately diagnosing the source of your pain and problem.
- Musculoskeletal conditions affecting your: back and neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, ankle or foot.
- Muscle and joint sprains.
- Gym supervision/ training – strength and cardio.
- Individual Pilates.
- Treatment of vertigo and dizziness.
- Fall prevention programs.
- Physio soft tissue massage.
- Dry Needling.
- Pre and Post operative management – (knees, ankles, hips, shoulders – arthroscopes and joint replacements).
- Post fracture management.
- Sports injuries – (ligaments and muscle strains).
- Motor vehicle accidents (including whiplash).
- Work related injuries (work cover).
- Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) patients.
- Repetitive injuries (e.g. tennis elbow).
- Joint instability.
The following are common treatment methods physiotherapists may use:
- exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles
- joint manipulation and mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
- muscle re-education to improve control
- airway clearance techniques and breathing exercises
- soft tissue mobilisation (massage)
- assistance with use of aids, splints, crutches, walking sticks and wheelchairs.