First Choice Physiotherapy in Blackburn (Physio Blackburn) provides leading physiotherapy, massage, rehabilitation and pilates services to Blackburn and surrounding suburbs. We also provide physiotherapy services to the Blackburn Football Club. We are conveniently located at 537 Springvale Road, Vermont South.
Our Physiotherapists are Experts in:
- Accurately diagnosing the source of your pain and problem.
- Musculoskeletal conditions affecting your: back and neck, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, ankle or foot.
- Muscle and joint sprains.
- Gym supervision/ training – strength and cardio.
- Individual Pilates.
- Treatment of vertigo and dizziness.
- Fall prevention programs.
- Dry Needling.
- Pre and Post operative management – (knees, ankles, hips, shoulders – arthroscopes and joint replacements).
- Post fracture management.
- Sports injuries – (ligaments and muscle strains).
- Motor vehicle accidents (including whiplash).
- Work related injuries (workcover).
- Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) patients.
- Repetitive injuries (e.g. tennis elbow).
- Joint instability.
The following are common treatment methods physiotherapists may use:
- exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles
- joint manipulation and mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness
- muscle re-education to improve control
- airway clearance techniques and breathing exercises
- soft tissue mobilisation (massage)
- assistance with use of aids, splints, crutches, walking sticks and wheelchairs.